iCONN bid results
The Connecticut State Library has completed a bid process in which vendors were invited to submit bids for iCONN: the Connecticut Digital Library in any or all of three categories: General Periodicals, Health Information, and Business Information. The bid for all three categories was awarded to Thomson Gale. As a result, iCONN will continue to offer all the Thomson Gale InfoTrac databases that we currently offer, as well as the health and business resource centers. The Thomson Gale proposal also included the following five multi-volume e-books:
- Encyclopedia of Population, 2V, 2003 (Macmillan)
- Encyclopedia of Espionage, Intelligence and Security, 3V, 2003 (Gale)
- Renaissance: An Encyclopedia for Students, 4V, 2004 (Scribner)
- U*X*L Encyclopedia of Landforms and Other Geologic Features, 3V, 2003
- U*X*L Fashion, Costume, and Culture: Clothing, Headwear, Body Decorations and Footwear through the Ages, 5V, 2003
The contract signed with Gale is a three-year contract (July 1, 2006 - June 30, 2009) with options for three one-year renewals.