Putting iCONN in your Internet Explorer Favorites
To create a new iCONN Favorite in IE:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to www.iconn.org
- Login using your Connecticut Public Library barcode number if you are outside the library
- Click Favorites on the menu bar
- Click Add to Favorites from the menu. A new window will open.
- Change the name to iCONN
- Click the OK button (see the first screen shot - you can click on the picture to see a larger image). This create a Favorite, but it links to a URL that will only work for a day or two. We have to edit the URL so that it points to the original iCONN URL.
- Click Favorites so that you see your list of Favorites
- Put your cursor over the iCONN Favorite so that it's highlighted
- Right-click on the mouse while your cursor is on the iCONN Favorite. This will bring up a new menu.
- Click Properties on the menu. This will bring up the iCONN Favorite's Properties.
- Click the tab for "Web document" if it is not already selected
- Delete the old URL that is in the URL field
- Input the http://www.iconn.org into the URL field (see second screen shot)
- Click the OK button
(Note: I did this using IE version 6.0.2900, there may be variations of the steps above if you are using a newer or older version of IE, but the main idea is the same - edit the properties of the Favorite and input the original URL.)