iCONN News

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Healthology - Colon Cancer Treatment - Better Treatments for Lon

Healthology - Colon Cancer Treatment - Better Treatments for Lon

If you're ever unfortunate enough to have someone close to you - or yourself - diagnosed with cancer, the challenges you're face with are daunting - and one of those challenges relates to finding good information about the condition and its medical treatment. In the Gale Health & Wellness Resource Center, you can access articles and reference information that can help, at least with the information end of things. I recently took the training on Gale's HWRC and discovered the new "Healthology" section, which features a couple of neat options:
(1) online videos about various health topics - a specific complication related to chemotherapy and its resolution was the subject matter of one little video, for example (one that I just watched, I should add - it was excellent, gave me some new info to pass on to someone close to me who's dealing with this issue)
(2) news alerts about specific and/or general health issues. I also signed up for this and have been receiving news about the specific cancer that my loved one is dealing with, as well as about general health topics, ranging from ADHD to what to expect when getting an X-Ray.

Hopefully, you'll never need this resource for the same reasons that I do, but it's great to know it's there, either way. There are sections on basic wellness, and that's something we can all use!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home