iCONN News

Friday, November 18, 2005

Dr. Siegel Speaking at a Love Your Library Event

Has it really been 9 days since I last posted? It's hard to describe what we've been busily, crazily, trying to get done here that's taken up so much time. I've completed the Schools' Toolkit CD, now I have to find out how to reproduce them en masse, something that should be possible through the Dept. of Education, I believe. I just noticed, however, that the draft of the Information Literacy Framework document that's on the CD is NOW outdated - there is a Nov. version and I only have the July version on the CD. Now, do I redo the CD again? This is the difficulty with CDs. They're great for using as a portable information source, but that information just gets outdated so easily. In much of the CD, I point users to online resources, as those are more likely to be up-to-date. A CD is just a snapshot in time.

Anyhow, some exciting news (with perhaps more exciting news to come, pending talks between B&N and a certain publisher)... Dr. Bernie Siegel will be at the North Haven B&N for Love Your Library days:
Date: Saturday, December 3 from 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM at Barnes & Noble in North Haven

Event: Meet Dr. Bernie Siegel

Dr. Bernie Siegel, legendary author, physician, and alternative healing
pioneer, will be present for a special holiday signing of his many books
including his latest, "101 Exercises for the Soul: A Divine Workout Plan for Body, Mind, and Spirit".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home